Volunteer at Chenoa Manor
Come get your hands dirty at Chenoa!
As a learning facility, Chenoa Manor offers private workshops for those that are interested in visiting the space. Workshops offer various components: animal, art, & horticulture.
What To Expect
Workshops begin at 10am and conclude at approximately 2pm. A plant-based lunch is included. All we require is a minimum of 3 participants. The per participant donation for a workshop is $60.
Possible tasks may include:
- Removal and control of invasive species
- Assist with planting projects
- Stall and barn cleaning
- Assist with animal husbandry
- Maintenance of plantings and vegetable gardens
- Minor building maintenance and painting
Keep in Mind…
Please keep in mind that you will be helping at a working farm, so here are a few hints to make your time at the farm enjoyable:
- Leave the peep toe wedges at home: Chances are good you will step in manure during your visit,
and even if you don’t, the ground is uneven and muddy, so we recommend closed-toe, sturdy footwear.
- Please bring a pair of work gloves to use while on-site.
- Check the weather forecast: There is always work to be done at the farm (even in the rain), so please dress appropriately and know that you might get wet. It is a good idea to bring a change of clothes, just in case.
- Sheep don’t eat Cheetos: We ask that you keep any food in your car, so the animals cannot eat it. If you’d like to bring a snack to share with the Chenoa residents, then we encourage you to bring fresh produce or greens.
Contact us to schedule a workshop.