Volunteer at Chenoa Manor
Come get your hands dirty at Chenoa!
Chenoa Manor offers pre-scheduled service days as a way to provide valuable assistance to our all-volunteer team and get a behind-the-scenes look at life at the farm. We greatly appreciate volunteer help, and find it most effective when groups of volunteers sign up in advance.
We ask that you pre-register for one of the volunteer dates listed below. Because organizing service days at the farm requires a time and financial investment from our board, we require a $25 commitment fee from volunteers. Volunteers are required to sign a liability release waiver and bring it with them on their day of service.
What To Expect
All volunteer days run from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Please be at the main gate by 8:45 am. There is a 12-person maximum for each date, so please sign up early!
Possible tasks may include:
- Removal and control of invasive species
- Assist with planting projects
- Stall and barn cleaning
- Assist with animal husbandry
- Maintenance of plantings and vegetable gardens
- Minor building maintenance and painting
Keep in Mind…
Please keep in mind that you will be helping at a working farm, so here are a few hints to make your time at the farm enjoyable:
- Leave the peep toe wedges at home: Chances are good you will step in manure during your visit, and even if you don’t, the ground is uneven and muddy, so we recommend closed-toe, sturdy footwear.
- Please bring a pair of work gloves to use while on site.
- Check the weather forecast: There is always work to be done at the farm (even in the rain), so please dress appropriately and know that you might get wet. It is a good idea to bring a change of clothes, just in case.
- Sheep don’t eat Cheetos: You are welcome to bring a snack for yourself, but we ask that you keep any food in your car, so the animals cannot eat it. If you’d like to bring a snack to share with the Chenoa residents, then we encourage you to bring fresh produce or greens.
We look forward to seeing you at the farm!