06 Nov Chenoa Action Alliance
Are you looking for the opportunity to get your hands dirty, give back and get involved at an animal sanctuary? We’re currently accepting applications for our newly-founded volunteer committee, the Chenoa Action Alliance.
This has been an interesting year, to say the least. In addition to impacting fundraising, COVID-19 has affected our daily operations and staffing. In previous years we’ve relied primarily on youth volunteer groups to help with horticulture and farm-hand projects, with event and workshop attendees filling in gaps. But with university closures and the recent flood damage further complicating things, the last few (bumpy) months have made it clear that we’re in need of some new, reliable volunteers.
Chenoa Action Alliance
A group of dedicated committee members who support Chenoa’s mission through on-site volunteering. Alliance members must be able to commit to regular volunteer hours on an on-call basis.
– Commit to 12 hours/month (actual hours will vary)
– Able to lift 50lbs
– 18 years of age or older
– Located within 25 miles of Avondale, PA (preferred)
Responsibilities (actual tasks will vary):
– Horticulture projects, including planting, weeding and harvesting
– Pasture upkeep, including minor fence repairs, debris clean-up, weed-wacking, mucking, mulching and winterizing
– Farm hand tasks, including feeding, watering and grooming
To apply: Please send your resume (outlining applicable work/volunteer experience) and a brief cover letter explaining your interest and scheduling availability to [email protected].